Rock Creek, British Columbia, Canada
$1000-1500* Early Registration (by May 10th)
$1500-2000 *Regular Price
(Prices are in US Dollars)
• Deposit will hold your space and the early registration price
• Deposit is transferable (to another TT, or another participant that meets the prereqs) but non-refundable.
REGISTRATION AND DEPOSITS REQUIRED BY 10 May
Registration and deposits are required 10 weeks before the start of the contact time. This is to give students enough time to adequately engage the 10-week pre-course material.
The training will only go forward once 8 people are registered, there is a maximum of 12 people that can register.
The investment includes the main training, basic accommodation (excluding food and transportation to and from venue) as well as social justice themed guided prereqs and support for the post-course personalized project.
On completion of this course, successful participants will receive a certification through the SuperHero Circus Academy. This is NOT a ‘participation only’ based teacher training (as in by paying your fees and participation fully or partially you automatically receive certification). Participants must complete the Pre-Course Work, before the course starts, and must successfully complete, reflect and report on their post-course project in order to receive certification.
Participants that do not adequately complete all components of the course will not receive certification.
This intimate training is limited to 12 participants. The small group will ensure an intimate environment to explore both the parts of this practice that bring us the most joy and the most challenge.
1 – PRE-COURSE WORK:
May 10-July 18, 2019
Exploration, Reflection and Sharing on 10 Social Justice themes. (Details of which are shared once you have registered for the course).
2 – CONTACT TIME
19-28 July 2019
3 – POST-COURSE:
Follow this link:
This course is best suited for people that already have teaching experience. We will go deep into communication and group facilitation – some previous group teaching/facilitation will provide context and a good foundation to add the social justice lens to.
SOCIAL JUSTICE Pre-Reqs:
Previous Social Justice experience and education is an asset but not required. What is required is a desire to learn, reflect, unlearn, and be challenged. A passion for making the world a better place is the foundation for successful participants.
VIDEO SUBMISSION – all Teacher Training applicants must submit a video demonstrating the physical prereqs AND
• A 2 minute explanation in your own words of why you want to attend this particular training (Acro and Social Justice through the SuperHero Circus Academy)
General Acro Experience
It is expected that participants will have a broad level of Acro experience before applying to the program, whether measured in hours training, learning, or number of people worked with. Questions about your physical embodiment of the practice are included in the Teacher Training Application.
For this part of the video submission, include a bit of Acro that you are particularly proud to share.
• 1 X 60 Second handstand by the wall
• Thigh Stand
• Two High
• Standing Foot to Hand (any entrance, please use spotters)
• 60 Second F2H extended arms
• Shoulder stand, star, free star, reverse star, side star
• Star and Reverse Star presses with hands connected (base bends arms and legs)
• Washing Machines: ninja star, barrel roll, high barrel roll
• Expect to practice basic tumbling such as forward rolls, back rolls, and cartwheels
• The desire to practice, learn and teach acrobatics safely and learn the art of spotting
A good attitude: listen well, open to feedback and trying different techniques, ability and desire to ‘play nice with others’.
Please use spotters when training these skills.
If you have questions about the prereqs or need help/direction with positions, grips or spotting don’t hesitate to send a message!
SUBMIT YOUR PRE-REQ VIDEO
Please send a link to a video of yourself completing the physical prereqs to [email protected] with the subject: Teacher Training Pre-reqs.